Tuesday, May 27

Maria Chapman

This past week I have been grieving deeply for a little girl and her family that I don't even know personally. Who knew only a few short months ago when I met Stephen Curtis Chapman and became even more endeared to him, that last week his family would have to experience such an indescribable tragedy. There are so many questions and so much sadness for the loss of little five year old Maria that I only know through pictures and video. I have prayed often for the Chapman family and for what they must be going through. I found hope this morning, though, in these words of Maria's dad. What I just found out, though, hours after I posted this blog after copying the song from my friend, Jeny, was that Stephen Curtis Chapman wrote this song nearly ten years ago! May the Chapman family find comfort in this song that was penned almost a decade ago with this new, incredibly raw tragedy. May we all, even in the midst of all the pain, recognize God's love and faithfulness and, by His grace alone, experience His peace.
This is not at all
How we thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
But now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you
And we can cry with hope
We can say good-bye with hope
'Cause we know our good-bye is not the end
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again
And never have I known
Anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father smile and say 'well done.'
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now your home
And now your free
We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true
We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope
~ Steven Curtis Chapman

1 comment:

jeny said...

Danielle, what is so incredible about this song, is that it is from his Speechless album, which was released in 1999! This song helped me through a time of loss that year. It is so amazing how appropriate it is for his family now.
I hope to see you too!