Tuesday, October 28

The roller coaster adoption ride

I know some of you have been waiting patiently while I work up the drive to post again. A lot has been going on just, unfortunately, nothing having to do with our adoption. Let me reword that: Nothing good (from our earthly perspective) has been going on with our adoption. We found out, sadly, that the baby girl we were hoping might one day be ours will not be. This means that the transitional home is completely full and no new children will be brought in until, maybe, this week (since five families have just picked up their little ones!) Once new children are brought in, it takes weeks (at least three, I know) to get paperwork processed/tests done for a referral. With nine months looming on Saturday and us still number two on the list, this was sad news at several different levels. I feel sad about it, to be honest. However, I am also renewed in knowing that God is good and His timing is perfect. Nothing could do more to renew this resolve as Theresa Van Wetten's post from Ethiopia today. While so many pieces might not fit together at the end of our journey to our little girl as did with the Van Wettens , I know they do up in God's master puzzle, and I will rest in that tonight.

I feel thrilled for those picking up their children today in Ethiopia and I feel thrilled for the others that passed court. I also feel sad for the Caldwells, who did not pass court. Once again, the roller coaster of adoption.

Speaking of other families, I wanted to let you all know that the Weimer family needs some major help. In three weeks they want to go pick up their newest three family members (after adopting another sibling group of three less than a year ago!) and still need $19,000. If you feel you can help, please go visit their blog and donate. They are amazing and need the body to come together.

Speaking of money, I just found out tonight our homestudy expires in two days. Surprise, surprise, a new cost to get it renewed :) Sorry, that was slightly sadistic, but you know, when it rains, it pours. And God has been so faithful. I really still have no doubt He will provide, just fleshly Danielle could have done without that added cost!

Lastly, I wanted to share with you two pics from an end-of-the-season night on the boat with good friends from church and memories from two weekends ago when my mom and dad took the boys to the Dunes for a weekend of camping. I still haven't gotten this weekend's little excursion to Chicago downloaded! Maybe this weekend I'll get caught up with those! I truly have the best parents on the face of the planet. Enjoy.
























4 comments:

Kristine said...

I love the pics. I think the beach in the fall may be better than the summer. I've been praying for you and I'm sorry this seems like such a rollercoaster. Hope to see you soon. Are you going to the retreat on Saturday?

Love you,
Kristine

Jenna Marie Howard said...

Hello
I just wanted to stop by and tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I am adopted and have three other adopted brothers and sisters and find such encouragement knowing you ARE AND WILL BE an adoptive parent who obviously loves your children. I want to encourage you as you are going through this time of waiting. It may not help much but know that while you are not able yet the Lord is Holding your future baby against His chest encompassed by His arms and awaiting the day just as you are that He will place that warm child into you awaiting arms and say "my gift to you"...i don't know your whole story and I'm not there to see your pain but i do know you love that child and that child will know that soon enough. Bless you and thank you for your heart.
I am the Director of Public Relations for a non-profit organization called World Orphans. We build family style church based orphan homes all over the world and our mission is simple E3 to reach each church…each child…each community. I would love for you to take a look at our website and let me know if you have any questions. (www.worldorphans.com) I hope you will have a glorious blessed day!

Jenna M. Howard
-Director of Public Relations
www.Worldorphans.org
Jennah@worldorphans.org
www.JennaMarieHoward.com

Rebecca Caldwell said...

Your pictures are so sweet! And your post is sooo true. The adoption experience has been the most emotional thing I have ever experienced! And yet, there is such a miracle and blessing about it. We are praying for you guys as you continue to wait for your referral. I know it must be tough!

Tisha Alexander said...

I am so sorry that things have been ruff lately. I am sure it is hard emotionally. All we want are our child/children home with us and we don't always understand God's timing.
We mailed in our dossier yesterday for a sibling group. Our agencies sibling list has not moved in a few months, so we are prepared to wait a while...ugh.
I love the pictures. You have such a beautiful family.
Tisha