Thursday, August 30

The time has come!






So, I had this terrific picture of Kole sitting on the potty reading a book (once again trying to be like Dad, I'm sure :)) and just felt that somehow I was violating his 4 year-old privacy by posting it. I'm such a good mom...or perhaps a bad mom for considering it in the first place.
So, I thought I would post some more recent pictures of the fam since it had been so long. They're getting so big, aren't they? I can't believe that Braden steps on the school bus now at 7:45 a.m. and doesn't return to me until just before 3:00. Life has definitely changed in the last month. Actually, there is another even more intense way life is beginning to change for us, and the reason that motivated me to write this fine Thursday afternoon:
Karl and I have officially decided to adopt.
For those of you that this might come as some sort of surprise, my sis used an analogy I found helpful. She thought of a volcano. You know how things are bubbling under the surface for a long time and then when the time comes, everything just bursts forth? Well, that's us. For many months in a more serious way, and much longer as a potential heart's desire, we have thought about adoption. We just kind of figured we'd try to have another biological child first. It's a really long story that I don't want to get into here (I do have some work to do while the kids are sleeping, after all!), but we believe this was God's plan from the beginning. So, we're ready to make this adoption word more personal. Here's what I can tell you so far:
1. We think we have the type and agency selected, but we're waiting until after this weekend to send paperwork/money in since we're getting together with Mom and Dad to pray and discuss.
2. We know that we will be adopting from Africa.
3. According to the countries and agencies we've narrowed it down to, the process should take between 1-1 1/2 years.
4. We couldn't be more excited!
There's so much I could say, but I'm going to wait a little until things are even more "set." Mainly, that means until we've been accepted by an agency and begun the process even more officially. I/we (who knows, maybe even Karl will check in here from time to time?!?) plan on using my blog as a way to keep family, friends, and fellow adoption journeyers connected. Until there's more to report....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!! So happy to hear from you guys....we do hope that you go with AWAA and the Ethiopia program...it's been one of the best experiences of our lives!!

Caleb and Becca David