Thursday, February 12

A madhouse!!!!

I just had a long post that disappeared giving you all updates on how life is going on in the Black house. I don't want to take the time to post it all again (ARGH!), but suffice it to say we are doing fine and riding on the excitement of that little princess Karl and I will get to meet in 11 short days (we leave in 9!) Life is quite stressful with all that needs to be accomplished in the next 9 days, but God has been so good and we are chipping away at things little by little. The nursery is GORGEOUS thanks to my sis and sis-in-law and our Saturday marathon. Selah's suitcase is mostly packed, and tonight I will go shopping to see if I can tackle some of the HUGE list of items I still need to buy.

This is all good since Karl leaves in the morning for a 3 day speaking retreat (back through the night in time for work Tuesday morning!) My wonderful husband is worse than I am, trying to get everyone at work up to speed for our trip since he is becoming the Campus pastor for our church's North Campus which starts its service 8 DAYS AFTER WE GET BACK!!! AHHHH!!!! Thank you all for your continued love, support, and encouragement. We TRULY cannot tell you how your kindness has lifted us up and made this entire adoption journey so much more amazing. We are SO THANKFUL to have you in our lives. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!


Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

my childhood friend that is also adopting from Ethiopia and going down the same time you are said she would got a hold of you through facebook...just so you'd know.

Steve and Anna said...

praying for you as you get ready! I would try to find the giraffe and things you sent...and ask her nanny for them also. They do have a shelf of stuffed animals - the fireplace mantel! They are probably there somewhere and I would recommend bagging it up for 1-2 weeks and you could always stick it in a hot dryer for 30-60 minutes! I just decided to give the items we had sent to D. nanny because she was so sad to see him go!