Sunday, February 15

Not in the plan

So far, I am ticking away at my to do list--I'm right where I need to be. And that was even with sickness in my family. However, now I'm sick. I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance, but this may just be a strep thing. I'm achy and my throat hurts so bad I can barely swallow. I guess I didn't have to worry about skipping church after all. BUT, the show must go on. Nevermind that my parents are in Paradise (yep, that's really the name of the place in the U.P. of Michigan) having a grand old time and my husband is in sunny California. And my precious Braden started throwing up (separate illness, I believe) But I'm not bitter. Truly. And this is not, Shelley, an attempt to get some free dinner out of you (because I know you would do it if I would let you--you're amazing). I just wanted to get it out at 7:05 in the morning. I would even take a picture of my throat and show you...if it didn't take so much stinkin' energy (and risk losing forever some of my more squeemish blog readers). My motto for today: We will survive!!!!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Danielle!!! I will be praying for you guys. We had a similar experience before we left as both of our kids got sick (4 days before we left), but was very fortunate that Kevin and I did not!! It will all come together, and soon you'll be getting that precious little girl. Oh, Danielle, she is a BEAUTY!!! She seems very calm and peaceful. She is also being given the best care at the TH.... her nanny is very doting and attentive to her. You're family will be absolutely blessed by this little girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh girl!!! You are right in the thick of it!!! Seems like everyone gets sick just before they leave...God must have a sense of humor!! LOL
Great job on still hammering out the list despite no back up troops (husband and parents!)! LOL
Praying for you guys and can hardly wait to start the stalking! :)
With love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey! Forgot to add... If there's anything I can do for you, give me a call...answer any last minute questions, you name it. :) anything!
Xoxo!

Mary said...

Hi Danielle,

I hope you are feeling better! Do you still have my e-mail? If so, and you have a chance, could you e-mail me? I have a question about the shirts and I don't have your e-mail anymore (computer crash).

Have a blessed week!

Mary

Karen said...

Danielle - I am thinking of you every day and cannot wait for you to go get Selah! I'll be praying you can keep from getting any sicker and can get some rest on the plane ride there (because you certainly won't get any on the way home!).

Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your health....SO EXCITED about your upcoming trip to pick up Selah - she is gorgeous - and will melt your heart like you could not imagine - girls do that ;-) so watch out Karl!!! We loved meeting her via the blog. Praying for safe travel and no complications with travel, court, etc...YEAH!!!
btw: separate note - we're loving shaklee.......

Elizabeth said...

In all your running around, stop at a health food store & get a netty pot & salt! Clean your sinuses! It helped me SO much when I had that achy body, sore throat thing last month!
I will be praying that you all recover quickly! And for your safe trip to get your girl!