Thursday, November 19

Remembering our referral












One year ago today we got to see Selah for the very first time. Click here to hear about that special day. To celebrate today, we went to our friends' Jolene and Claire's house--aka "Ca," Selah's best friend. Claire came home from Ethiopia almost 3 months ago and she is just so stinkin precious...and much nicer than Selah, I might add. I hate to say that as Selah's mom, but I have to face facts. Selah is moving into the I'm-almost-one-and-a-half-and-have-a-serious-opinion-about-many-things stage. Most of the time at Claire's was spent crying over some toy or some thing that didn't go her way. Whew! At least she was an angel the past 9 months--becoming her own little person is such a part of the process, I just wish she wouldn't scream QUITE so loud when she doesn't get to feed herself something messy out of a bowl! Or when her brothers touch her. Or when I'm not paying attention. Or.....:)
Well, I just spent the night watching video of the first time we met Selah in Ethiopia. I couldn't find the video of the first time we saw her picture a year ago today, but I remember it well. Often today when I looked at her, I thought of that first picture and viewing it from Karl's office at work, Karl, the boys, and I all huddled around the computer. Man! Was that only a year ago? Hasn't Selah been a part of our family all along? Our family just feels so right.
God is so good.

2 comments:

Melissa Juvinall said...

Love it! Iona is totally at that stage. Sometimes I wonder if she is going to take my hearing along with my heart. And boy can she give you "the look"!! I miss you, friend, and Selah too! I think of you every time I do Iona's hair...

Tisha Alexander said...

Wow, times sure does fly! She is still so cute even though she has attitude. Do you think that is a girl thing? My girls have BIG attitudes. Oh and I hear from lots of Momma's of little Ethiopians that they are L-O-U-D! Happy Thanksgiving...