Tuesday, April 28

Earth Day!!!

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you know I'm a Shaklee distributer, and I really believe in the company and their products. I wanted to put a post on last week in honor of Earth Day and my wonderful Kole's 6th birthday (he's an Earth Day baby!) Well, they just came out with their new baby/kids' line and it looks fabulous. A little pricey, I know, but I'm hoping it's worth it! When I get annoyed with the price, I really try to think about all the initiatives and the difference they're making all over the world. Here are just a few examples:

  • Shaklee has been going green long before it was cool--1960, in fact, was when Dr. Shaklee first came out with an organic, concentrated cleaner so there would be less packaging and an "all-in-one" cleaner that doesn't pollute your house more than when you started. To give you a hint, I use my h2 for bug repellant, dusting, windows/glass, bathrooms, bubble bath, and many other things!!!
  • In 2007, Shaklee became the first company in the world to offset its carbon emissions by providing sustainable energy to electrify villages in Africa in partnership with Millennium Promise.
  • In 2006, Dr. Wangari Maathai, winnder of the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize, becomes the Global Ambassador for A Million Trees. A Million Dreams, a Shaklee environmental campaign that raises awareness of global climate change and initiates efforts to plant trees in North America and Africa. To date, they have planted millions and millions and millions of trees...5 more for every Get Clean starter kit purchased!
  • In 2000 Shaklee opened its World Headquarters, one of the first green, energy-saving, award-winning buildings designed using sustainable materials, including certified sustainable wood, recycled carpets, and recycled plastics.

There are SO many more things, but this is a little taste! I started just using the cleaning products, but now I use their shampoo/conditioner, vitamins, make-up (minerals), and face regiman! I know I seem like an addict, but I really am sold. I just feel like it's a good choice overall for my family and myself...and the world.

I have recently gotten a website (for at least another 5 months!) so feel free to visit (although the newly launched kids/baby line isn't on there yet!) If you have any questions, please contact me. It really is a good move for everyone! Happy late Earth Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a blog stalker :). I've been so blessed by your journey and we have a few things in common. I also have three little boys (4, 2, and 12 weeks). My oldest son's name is Owen. I also use all the Shaklee products and love them! Our hearts long to adopt as well but the timing is right yet, but soon...We are praying about Ethiopia and would love to have a daugther. We've always had a heart for orphans. My husband is Asian and we always saw ourselves adopting an asian girl, but more recently we've been so burdened by the little ones in Africa. Thanks again for allowing "strangers" to view your blog.
Blessings,
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Hi...if you don't mind sending me an email (lindsayhoang@hotmail.com). I wanted to ask you a few questions about your adoption. Thanks.
Lindsay